Saturday 2 August 2014

Make It Personal playtime

As you know I have been attending a course taught by Hilary Beattie.  I blogged about the last session here.

When I was listening in to Hilary's one-on-one chats with some of the other students I had a lightbulb moment.  Other students have chosen a particular image for their inspiration which is more easily incorporated into their designs and I realised that this was where my difficulty lay.  My source of inspiration is a fountain in King's Cross, Sydney.


I have associated this in my mind with Agapanthus but when I got home I looked online to be able to send a link to Hilary and discovered that actually the fountain is described as a  dandelion fountain.

I have lots of dandelion photos so sorted out a few of those.



I went for a short walk and picked some small dandelion leaves and pressed them for a couple of days.  Today I used then with  my gelli plate.  I used blue, green and white fabric acrylic paint, a bought stencil and a bought dandelion stamp.
As you can see the colours are much more muted than when I work at The Bramble Patch.








I have some ideas percolating around my head for these.  But that's enough photos for today.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

4 comments:

  1. I love your colours and gelli plate prints. You have given me food for thought as to where I have got bogged down, thanks for switching on my light bulb too.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across you blog by accident and I fell IN LOVE with your Danelion post! Some time ago, when we were on a hike, I started collecting dandelion 'puffs' and put them in a large plastic bag. When I arrived home, I put them all carefully into a large mason jar, and embellished it with a metal tag that says 'wishes'. It now sits in my family room and is a gentle reminder that we are never too old to not only MAKE wishes, but make those wishes HAPPEN! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful fountain, I can see wh it inspires you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you made and love your inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.