Sunday 27 July 2014

Make It Personal 4

Make It Personal is a whole year course.  We meet up with Hilary Beattie for two days every other month.  We started in January and continued in March and May.

We spent Thursday working with recycled items.  This is a page in my sketchbook where I stuck down torn up bits of music, book pages, a brown paper bag and some map paper.  Then I put a thin layer of gesso over it.  When I was over-dyeing another paper I blotted it off on the this page.  I love the random blue.

Here I stencilled over wrapping paper with acrylic paint.

This is the drip cloth from underneath my work.

And this is a whole old map stencilled and dyed.

On Friday Hilary encouraged us to put out all the papers we have made over the previous sessions.  I didn't think I'd got that much until we laid it out on the tables.











There were some very obvious colour schemes going on and a set of papers that you just have to wonder what was going on in my head at the time.  Mostly the ones that had an over emphasis on lime green!

It was very hot over the two days and when I got home on Friday and emptied my car the dining room/craft area looked like this:

You can see why I need help decluttering.

Yesterday I sorted all those papers into piles by colour and ended up with this.  Just need to find some way to store them.

The next session in September is on design using these papers.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice




4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic collection, they look great. I did the first 2 sessions and will be back for the last one. I wish i was doing all of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what an amazing collection Bernice. This looks a good course and I love some of your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your collection Bernice. Looking forward to seeing waht you do with them now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should learn to spell and add my nmae not my blog name! :-) Dorothy

      Delete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.