Monday 29 December 2014

Take Me Deeper 2015

Take Me Deeper is a year long, weekly devotional hosted by the His Kingdom Come Community.

If you are a regular reader of my blog you will know that it takes me a long time to decide what format I am going to use for any project.  I consider doing an altered book but discarded that idea.

While I was in the States I picked up this Strathmore Mixed Media book.

I thought I might use my Gelli plate for every page and looked at what size I could make the paper so that it would work well on my 10"x8" plate.


Then I realised that I didn't want every page covered in acrylic paint!  I'm very fond of white space.  Plus I thought I would go back to doing the Art Journal Calendar that is inspired by Kate Crane.

So I got out the Dylusions journal that I had bought for the Take Me Deeper project and then discarded!  Told you I had trouble making up my mind.

I plan to combine my TMD devotionals with my Logos365 word in the same journal.   I went through the journal working out where each month will start.

There aren't enough pages to do all I want.   Fortunately I had another Dylusions Journal.    I removed double pages from my other journal taking them from the middle of the sewn signatures.   I cut the fold off so that each added page is 8 inches wide.

I put washi tape down the side with the rounded corners.

I put the page with the washi tape under the page it is being fixed to and folded the tape over.

I opened up the added page and put washi tape down the join.



I needed one more double spread.
I put double sided tape around the edge of the back cover.

And stuck an extra page into the journal.

My plan is to put the calendar on the page on the left of the double spread and the front of the added flap.

My Logos365 work will be on the double spread that appears when I open the flap.


Here's the photo tutorial as a video.



For more details on Take Me Deeper and Logos365 go to His Kingdom Come.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice



6 comments:

  1. I love your idea. I can't wait to see your spreads. I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to do to but I think I might make my own using watercolor paper cut down to smaller sizes and then bind them later (with a bind it all or crop-a-dile). That way I have plenty of room to multiple pages in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the instructions, so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernice, thanks so much for sharing your process! I too am planning on using the Dylusions journal; was planning on using it for both -- but I'm participating in Ali's course OLW again this year as well as Logos 365, so I'm not sure how I'll be working that out. Also, I'm not sure how much space you are planning for your TMD layouts. I'm thinking 2 p. LO's, if I want more journaling, I'll do that separately -- I'm a word girl. Heading over to the HKC site for more discussion! thanks again for sharing your process thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like it will work great!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.