Friday 23 May 2014

Practising Gratitude day 16: Show appreciation

For 21 days in May I am running an art challenge blog called The Art of Practising Gratitude.  Today's post is here.  On my blog I will be showing what I did in response to the blog post.

Today's challenge was to use another of Carolyn Dube's videos as inspiration.  I used washi tape to tape some newspaper to cover up the left hand page and some toren out pages to cover the edges of the stencil and then sprayed Dylusions ink.

I pressed the stencil onto pages in another journal to save wasting the ink.

I also pressed what was left onto the other page.  I wiped the middle with a wet wipe.  Yet again I had a problem with the absorbency of the paper so it didn't work quite as well as in the video.

I stamped the large butterfly.  The turquoise ink had soaked into the page so instead of following Carolyn's instructions I used a damp brush and two colours of Distress Ink and coloured the wing tips.

The left hand page looked a bit colourless so I used the same stencil and Distress Ink.  I stamped the words and added both the Bible verses.

I journaled around the edge.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.