Monday 8 July 2013

Passport to Art Day 8

If you want to join in with making an altered book through the month of July click through to the Passport to Art challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt.  Today's theme is about stepping out and the challenge is to use watercolour paints and salt.

Today's page had two folds which I decided to stick down along the middle leaving pockets on the vertical edge.



I sprayed water on a piece of watercolour paper and used Dylusions inks rather than watercolour paints.  The first piece wasn't very successful because there was insufficient water and inks for the technique to work.

So I tried again using a better quality paper and far more water.

The salt soaks up the inks.

When the inks were dry I brushed off the salt.

I cut the paper into a triangle just slightly wider than the folded page.  Here you can see how the pockets work.

I sprayed the White Linen ink through two stencils.

I inked the quote and the verse before attaching them to the page.

I inked the edges of the tags and wrote the journaling.

I also stencilled on the front of the tags and stamped a definition of faith and a bird.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful page - I really like the bird and arrows. I had a nice long play today and caught up in my altered book. It's turning out to be about all kinds of travel in my life - my own, my ancestors, my family, etc. Kindof exciting really. I just posted my passport/adventure page and will put up several pages tomorrow.
    Thanks for the great class.
    rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.