Saturday 6 July 2013

Passport to Art Day 6

If you want to join in with making an altered book through the month of July click through to the Passport to Art challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt.  Today's inspiration came from the poem 'From a Railway Carriage' and the technique is Dyan Reaveley's shadow stamping.

I put the masking tape on and then gesso over the whole page and the triangle that is folded up.  I decided to fold a small corner down.

I inked the page and then stamped the leaves.

I stamped flowers along the diagonal fold.

I used a paint brush and Dylusions inks to paint the leaves and white and yellow acrylic paint for the flowers.  I removed the masking tape and stuck the quote and verse on the page.

I put my journaling on the inside of the fold.  There is room for more writing!

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

1 comment:

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.