Monday 22 July 2013

Passport to Art Day 22

If you want to join in with making an altered book through the month of July click through to the Passport to Art challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt.  Today's theme is Childhood and the art technique is to print with bubble wrap.

Here are the next two pages in my book.

I put a piece of masking tape across and then put a thin layer of acrylic paint.  I wasn't totally successful with the printing with the bubble wrap.  At first I painted onto the wrap but then tried putting the paint on a plate and pressing the bubble wrap into it and then onto the page.

While it was drying I inked the tag and the envelope and stamped on them.

I tried stamping more bubble wrap in darker colours to darken the page down and ended up with more!

I put some gesso through a stencil to remove some of the brightness, removed the masking tape and added the envelpe, tag, quote and verse.

It's not my favourite page!

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice



1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to doing this prompt. I really liked your bubble wrap stamping.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.