Wednesday 10 July 2013

Passport to Art Day 10

If you want to join in with making an altered book through the month of July click through to the Passport to Art challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt.  Today's inspiration is the story of the Spies sent into the Promised Land.  The technique challenge is to use either Rock Candy Crackle Paint or Distress Crackle Paint.  I decided I would try both.

First I covered the page with gesso after first putting the masking tape over a bit of the page.

While that was drying I started on the tag.  I inked it and then stamped on it.  I had thought that I would put the Rock Candy Crackle Paint over the stamp.  However whilst I was making it I was thinking about how I was going to attache the tag to the page.

Which was when I decided to make another tag pocket.  So I inked another tag, stamped it and put the Crackle on.

Here's a close up.  There wasn't much paint left in the bottle so I didn't really put a thick enough layer on to get really good crevices.  I rubbed some Distress Ink into it to show up the crackle.

Looking at the page I decided it was too big for what I wanted to do so I folded a small strip of it under so that it featured on the next page.

I thought I would try with the Ranger Crackle Paint.  I only have one colour so Pewter it had to be!  I scraped it through a stencil.

And then inked the page.

I stencilled on the page and attached the horizontal tag with foam tabs.  I added the quote and the verse.

I wrote my journaling on the back of the tag.
Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice


2 comments:

  1. Love seeing your page. I will dig out all my crackle paints and see what's dried out and what's not! LOL!
    A great inspiration for today.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.