Friday 24 May 2013

Yorkshire

On Tuesday I drove up to Yorkshire to meet up with my daughter-on-law's sister, Lisa, who is visiting the UK from Texas.  I had lunch with the girls (Lisa and various of her in-laws) at Cave Castle Hotel.

Then I drove on to Linton on Ouse where I was staying the night.  Before going to the N&N I visited Beningbrough Hall.  I wandered around the house and the gardens and took a few photos.



Then I went to The Manor House where I found that I was staying in this room!

On Wednesday morning I drove the 30 minutes to Art from the Heart to take a workshop with Dyan and to meet up with Carolyn.

We made a journal in a day using watercolour paper, canvas, tags, paints, inks and stamps.  I came home with this.
Front Cover

One of the inside double pages

Today I decided to finish the journal.  I needed to remove the edge from each sheet of paper where it had been torn from a pad but then decided that I didn't like the proportion of the book so cut off the edges all round to make it slightly smaller.  Then I distressed the edges of the pages.

I painted the leaves and added more doodles, stamped phrases and words, and generally added to the journal.  It is finished for now!  But the joy of this type of journal is that you can keep coming back and adding more.

I hope you enjoy my pages.









Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

6 comments:

  1. That teapot is just amazing!! I would love to see it in person. Love the colors you have used in the art journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernice, I love your windows and additions in your journal. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That teapot in the first photo is so cute! And your journal is incredible - you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal is stunning! I love the recurring leaf/vine theme.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.