Saturday 23 February 2013

H is for Humour

If you want to join in with making an A to Z of Me Journal through the month of February click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Humour which is my last catch up page.

I put an elastic band around the celery stalks and then cut either side.  I was hoping that there would be an obviously different print from the more open stalks inside the elastic band.

Instead of printing I thought I would try the ghosting technique as the celery was wet.  However it wasn't wet enough and I had to dip it in water and leave it on the page.

That wasn't terribly successful so I mixed some bright pink ink with modelling paste and stamped with it.  The pink mixed with the turquoise ink to make a purple colour.

Here it is in close-up.

I stamped the word.  Can you spot the deliberate mistake?  Well, okay then, it wasn't deliberate the first time.  I stamped the wrong side of the first U so then decided to do the second one the same.  I used white acrylic paint to stamp the letter properly!   I painted the rest of the letters with a brush and the ReInker.   I inked the edges of the quote and verse and stuck them down.  

I added my journaling.

I'm not thrilled with this page but it doesn't matter.

All caught up now.  Thanks for stopping by.

Bernice


1 comment:

  1. never seen this being done it looks like nothing in the kitchen is safe in your house but hats off to you for how it turned out very effective
    Ria

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.