Saturday 13 August 2011

The Girl in Me

The instructions for this week's Heart Journaling were:

WEEK 4 - The Girl in Me

Assignment: Create a spread or a page using the concept of hand-drawn girls. I want you to actually draw a character in your book!!! It can be sketchy, cartoony, realistic, or even stick figures.  

Tip:
Try a different medium that you've never used before.

This was soooo out of my comfort zone. I really don't like doing journal pages with people on them whether they are collage elements cut out of magazines, photos or hand drawn.  However I thought I would give it a go!

I had previously put gesso on the page and thought I would leave it as a white background.  I drew with pencil and then coloured in with Faber Castell PITT big brush pens.  I bought these when I was doing the She Had 3 Hearts class but really haven't used them. I used the Dylusions Further round The Edge stamps for the frame and for the journaling lines.     I added some verses from Psalm 139.

And here is the finished page.

2 comments:

  1. It looks really good - bet you are really pleased with it - are you going to do more drawing now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.