Saturday 13 March 2010

Blank Canvas

On Thursday I went to Artist Trading Post for a Mixed Media Canvas Workshop.  I love going to the workshops at ATP ~ Anneliese is such a great teacher and I get to meet people I wouldn't normally meet otherwise.  ATP is at least 50 miles from home and mostly the journey isn't too bad especially once I get past Lichfield.

Anneliese gave us a a 39x30cm blank white canvas to work on.   First we used Distress Inks all over and then some Claudine Hellmuth paints.




Anneliese demonstrated various techniques that we could choose to use on our canvases.   Then it was playtime.

I stamped onto the canvas and I stamped onto tissue paper which I adhered with melted beeswax.










I added some chipboard flowers and a piece of printed cardstock.                      
It was still looking rather too much like the clothes I was wearing in terms of the colour so I added some more blue paint.  I heat embossed the word Dream and stuck on some painted chipboard letters for BIG.


I also added some chipboard butterflies and smeared them and the flowers with Distress Stickles.   Underneath the word BIG I have handwritten 'dreams'


I still feel it is unfinished but I'm currently not sure what to add to it so I am going to leave it for a while and come back to it.


Anneliese took a photo of me working on the canvas.

5 comments:

  1. Berniece,
    This is lovely! I love the detail on the flower element in the middle. It really drew everything together. Thanks for sharing.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE your canvas very much, it's given me a bit of inspiration, thanks. Loving your blog, by the way, thanks for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is beautiful. I wanna do one, now. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I love it! I might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.