Monday 17 March 2014

Playing

I haven't played in my journal for a while - just for the joy of playing.  It has usually been for a class or a project I'm hosting.   But in Saturday I saw this blog post by Linda Cain and thought I would have a go.

I started by cutting the pages and then spraying them with Dylusions inks. Then I used stencils and White Linen ink or just water.





I didn't like what I had done on two of the pages so I pulled them out and inked the next pages.  Then I started putting patterns using stencils and stamps





There's still lots of colour and doodles to go.

I cut up one of the pages I had pulled out and stuck it in my Documented Life Planner for this week's challenge which was to cut up a magazine and add it.  I used punches to cut up butterflies which I stuck to my background.  This may have extra doodles added at some point.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice






8 comments:

  1. I love the wavy edges in your journal Bernice - did you use a stencil of some sort or are they cut freehand??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIll I used the Dylusions Journal Block http://shop.afth.co.uk/dylusions---journal-block-9067-p.asp

      You could draw the first one freehand, cut it out and then use it as the template for the second page

      Delete
  2. Oh Bernice I love these beautifully painted and cut pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you took the time to play. That can be so freeing. Love the pages. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness....I absolutely LOVE your journal pages! So very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pages, very fresh and beautiful. The colors are comforting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS! The colors grabbed me and I couldn't look away. What a fun day of playing you must have had.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.