Tuesday 12 November 2013

Gratitude Journal: Day 12

If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Joy.

Today's art challenge was to use one of the resist techniques.

I used Vaseline through a stencil and theen painted over the page with acrylic paints.

And then wiped off the Vaseline.

I thought the colours were too dark so I tried knocking it back with some white.  I think the brush had some black on it so the colour was more grey than white.  I drew the letters with a pencil and coloured them in with an orange Stabilo pencil.

I inked the quote and verse and stuck them down, then wrote the journaling inside the title.  I drew round some of the shapes using the stencil.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful journal page! I'll have to try that Vaseline trick!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.