Friday 26 July 2013

Passport to Art Day 26

If you want to join in with making an altered book through the month of July click through to the Passport to Art challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt.  Today is all about Forgiveness and Freedom.   The challenge is to use Dyan Reaveley's bleachout technique.

Here are the next few pages.


I have enough pages left to use the folded page as a pocket.

I covered the page in gesso.

I sprayed ink over it.

I  used two stencils one on top of the other and sprayed water through it.

I inked the tag.

And sprayed water through the star stencil.

With this result.

You can see where the the white shows through where I sprayed through the stencils.  I added a strip of map page, the quote and the verse.

It looked a bit plain so I added the stamped hearts.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous pages, loving the hearts on the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Bernice. I'm not keeping up but I am keeping a list of all the quotes and techniques so that I can do pages when time allows. Loving the inspiration, thank you. I posted some of my pages here:
    http://itchifingers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/woyww-passport-to-art_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the stamped hearts. I am feeling a little stumped by the last few prompts, but I know something will come to me.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.