Tuesday 1 May 2012

Scrapbook Life in April

I am following along with Scrapbook Life Journal organised by Stephanie Ackerman.  She is a talented artist and you can follow her blog at Homegrown Hospitality

At the beginning we were told to cut 80+ pages of scrapbook paper to fit our journal.  Mine 9x9" and full of papers I didn't like.  I'm glad I'm using them rather than throwing them away but sometimes I find stick other things onto the page is quite difficult.  Still it's good for silencing my inner critic!

I'm pleased to say that I have kept up with my weekly walks and record these in the Scrapbook Journal.

So without further ado here are my April pages.





The theme this month was to make Random Acts of Art.  We had to make a folder to keep the art in and this is mine.  The art is made up of random bits left over from a workshop I did with Anneliese.



This piece was about making your own Washi tape.   However I have so much (every one!) of the Tim Holtz tissue tape that I thought I would use that instead.   I put a piece of tissue tape from each roll side by side on my mat and then randomly inked and stamped it.  I too strips randomly from the mat and stuck them to a piece of backing paper and cut it square.  I cut up what was left over to make tiny strips which I attached to the paper.  I stamped the quote on a piece of plain cardstock and used a punch around the edges.

Stephanie asked us to grab a photo of ourselves and a variety of letters without giving it much thought - whatever came to hand - and to put these phrases around the photo.

The next two pages are  collages of photos taken at when we were in Derbyshire at the heART&soul retreat.


And lastly walk 17.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.