Wednesday 20 April 2011

What housework?

Those who know me well will know that I am estranged from housework.  I do it very, very occasionally.  Usually if somebody is coming to stay or my Lifegroup decide to meet at our house.  And if you know me on Facebook this is usually heralded by the comment 'Blue Moon rising'.

But actually the 'What Housework?' of the title relates to the local craft group that I belong to, run by Morag and Nicki.   More information can be found here.  Not only do they run a monthly crop but they also put on workshops. And the most recent one was to make a configurations box.
And yes, I know I have already made two, one with the amazing Tim himself, and the other at home on my own.  But it's fun to mix with other crafters and to see what ideas Nicki comes up with.  Some of which can be very strange.  She won't mind me saying that.  I have said it to her face!!!!

On Sunday I went to the April crop and did one of Nicki's classes.  I don't tend to end up with the same result as the original, but for me this one is quite close.


Every two weeks Nicki posts a challenge on her blog and this week it's to make something wedding related : ie old, new, borrowed, blue!  This considerably less taxing than the one 2 weeks ago which involved 24/7/365.  You need to go and see!  I can't explain it (which is why I didn't do it!)   Anyway, here you can see my attempt.  There's blue ink and blue ribbon.  Both of which are old!  I crackle glazed the clock face to make it look old.   The tag was dry embossed with my brand new Texture Fade folder.  And the banner is made from hat stamps that I borrowed from Nicki for another project.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fab! love that new clock stamp - not used mine yet! Have finally finished the layout I have been faffing about with at the last 3 crops and made it fit this challenge! Thanks for joining in the challenge with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your configurations (especially the butterfly tissue tape) and your texture fade tag is phenomenal!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.